This guide walks you through the process of generating an API key to enable lead retrieval functionality through a third-party software. By following these steps within your organization's settings, you'll create an API key specifically designed to access attendee data for seamless lead retrieval purposes. This key allows integration with external software, facilitating efficient and secure retrieval of leads from designated events.
Step 1: Access Organization Settings
- Log In: Sign in to your account on the platform.
- Navigate to Organization Settings: Look for the settings menu and select "Organization Settings."
Step 2: Access Developer Tab
- Find the Developer Tab: Within Organization Settings, locate and click on the "Developer" tab.
Step 3: Generate a New API Key
- Click on "Create a New API Key": Look for the option or button labeled "Create a New API Key" and click on it.
- Enter Key Details:
- Name Your Key: Provide a recognizable name for the API key, such as "Exhibitor name"
- Select Valid API Endpoints: Mark or select "look up attendee" in the valid API endpoints section.
- Choose Event: From the Event list, choose the relevant event for which you want attendee look-up access.
Step 4: Save the API Key
- Copy the Generated Key: After configuring the key details, the generated API key will be displayed. Copy the entire key.
- Click Save: Save the changes or click on the "Save" button to finalize the creation of the API key.
- Secure Key Storage: Store the copied API key in a secure location, treating it like a password. Do not share it publicly.
- Test the Key: Before using it in a live environment, consider testing the API key to ensure it functions correctly for attendee look-up.
- Revoking or Updating Keys: Should the need arise, remember that you can revoke or update API keys from the same settings or developer section.