The Import and Export area allows you to manage your attendees data in bulk. You can mass-create attendees with CSV imports, and you can mass-edit attendees by doing a CSV export, editing the CSV file, and then re-importing the CSV file with the changes.
Depending on which operation you need to perform, you select the appropriate tab:
How to import your data
To import attendees via CSV, you must do the following:
- Provide a CSV file that is of the correct format. We highly recommend that you use the CSV Template file to avoid column naming errors!
- CSV import file need to use UTF-8 encoding to properly work.
Common Errors to Avoid During Import
- Your CSV file must have every column from the sample file, named exactly the same as shown in your grid on this configuration page. Don’t delete any of them, especially the OPTIONAL ones.
- Your CSV file should have data in every column that is required. Optional columns/fields can be left empty below the header, but you cannot remove the column!
CSV label definitions and required fields
|email address of attendee
|attendees first name
|attendees last name
|type of attendee, use one of the following: attendee, exhibitor, sponsor, speaker or organizer
|organisation or company of the attendee
|company title of the attendee
|additional text that you want to print on the badge
How to export your data
- Click on export.
Open CSV with Excel
- Open CSV File
- Go to the Data tab
- Select text to columns under data tools
- Select delimited and hit next.
- Select comma as the delimiter and hit finish